Company Secretary Service in Nepal
Imperial Law Associates has been providing the Company Secretary Service in Nepal to different national and multinational companies.
Pursuant to Section 185 of the Companies Act, 2006 (“Companies Act”) any company with the paid-up capital of ten million Nepalese Rupees (NPR. 1,00,00,000) or more has to compulsorily appoint a company secretary.
Companies Act allows lawyers (having experience of working in the company management at least three year) to be appointed as Company Secretary. The Firm has well experienced lawyers who can assist clients for the Company Secretarial Service.
The Firm provides following scope of work under Company Secretarial Service:
- Arranging the meeting of Board of Director and shareholders,
- Issue of proper notices of meetings, preparation of agenda, drafting the minutes /AGM documents and keeping record of these documents.
- Submission of the documents to Office of Company Registrar and concerned government authorities as required.
- Changes to a company’s constitution, directors and share capital of company,
- Advice on issue of legal compliances that needs to be performed by company during its operation,
- Keeping the Board of Director up to date with the regulatory or statutory changes in policies that might affect the company,
- Drafting and reviewing the basic agreements of company,
- Negotiating the agreement with counter party,
- Provide training to the directors and staffs of company on corporate governance matter and
- Other required service which has to be done by Company Secretary.
Qualification of Company Secretary:
Pursuant to Companies Act following person can be appointed as Company Secretary in Nepal:
- A Nepali Citizen who has worked in the related field for at least two years after obtaining the professional certificate of company secretary issued by a native or foreign body authorized to issue the professional certificate of company secretary or
- A person who has worked in the field of company management for at least three years after doing at least bachelor degree in law, management, commerce or economics is qualified to be appointed to the post of company secretary.
- No director of concerned company shall be eligible to be appointed as the company secretary for such company.
- A person shall not be appointed as company secretary for more than one company at the same time.
Phone: +977 9803888924, +977 9849093540
Location: 4th Floor, Gravity Center (Big Mart Complex), Anamnagar-29, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
09:00 AM – 06:00 PM